Symptoms of Whiplash in Nashua
Whiplash is a condition that commonly occurs in car accident victims, but many people in Nashua who experience whiplash fail to realize that they have been injured. Some car accident victims can take days or weeks to seek treatment for their whiplash because they did not recognize the symptoms of whiplash when they occurred.
At Main Street Wellness & Chiropractic, we help patients suffering from symptoms of whiplash, such as:
- Back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain. The muscles, especially the back and neck, become painful for patients who have whiplash.
- Headaches. Strained muscles in the neck and scalp can create the effect of having a headache.
- Blurred vision. A patient’s vision may get blurry and they may get dizzy from whiplash.
- Limited range of motion. Muscles may become stiff, which can make it difficult to twist, turn and move properly.
- Insomnia. Sometimes pain and discomfort can make it difficult to sleep, which can ultimately lead to insomnia and irritability.
Causes of Whiplash
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head is jerked forward and then backward quickly, straining the muscles and tendons in the neck. Typically, whiplash occurs during car accidents and personal injuries.
Chiropractic Care in Nashua Can Help Whiplash
At Main Street Wellness, we treat whiplash with the following techniques:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment realigns the vertebrae of the spine, reduces pressure on the joints and prevents back and neck pain.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that improves blood flow to the muscles and speeds the healing process.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to perform stretches and exercises that can help restore mobility and range of motion.
- Lifestyle advice. We also teach patients how to alter their everyday behaviors to avoid further injury.
Contact Main Street Wellness & Chiropractic
At Main Street Wellness, our chiropractors Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Terry are able to treat patients suffering from whiplash. If you’ve recently been involved in an accident, don’t wait for symptoms to appear. Contact us at (603) 882-5742.