You can get non-invasive relief for that nagging disc problem here at our Nashua chiropractic center. A herniated disc can make even the simplest motions a challenge. This tear in the outer casing of a vertebral disc can produce a host of symptoms that affect comfort and function.
What You Should Know About Herniated Discs
A vertebral disc consists of a strong cartilaginous casing, the annulus fibrosus, filled with a jelly-like, water-based substance called the nucleus pulposus. This structure acts as a shock absorber, allowing your spine to withstand everyday jolts and bumps. Unfortunately, discs are prone to injuries and failures of their own. If the annulus fibrosus tears and some of the nucleus pulposus pokes through the opening, you have a herniated disc.
Herniated discs may occur for many reasons. A major impact such as an auto accident or sports injury can force your vertebrae out of alignment, putting severe stress on the disc and causing it to herniate. But longstanding spinal issues may also be at fault. Simple aging can dehydrate a disc, causing it to bulge and flatten out until the annulus fibrosus tears. Chronic alignment problems may also encourage disc herniation. Whatever the cause, the symptoms can prove debilitating. They include:
- Acute pain in the disc itself, caused by damage to the nerves around the tear
- Back or neck pain
- Inflammation or impingement of nearby nerve roots by the nucleus pulposus, leading to tingling, numbness, loss of motor control and/or sharp pains in an arm or leg
Experience Non-Invasive Herniated Disc Relief From Our Nashua Chiropractor
A herniated disc can put severe constraints on your ability to work, move around or simply enjoy life. Contrary to what you might believe, however, surgery isn’t the first, best or only answer. Our Nashua chiropractor, Dr. Sullivan, can pinpoint the offending disc and determine why the herniation occurred in the first place. This allows us to prescribe a number of safe, non-surgical treatment options such as:
- DRX 9000 Lumbar decompression – Our RX 9000 lumbar decompression table can produce painless vacuum pressure with the spine, pulling the herniated disc away from nerve tissue and infusing it with healing nutrients.
- Chiropractic adjustment – If a spinal misalignment brought about your herniated disc, we can administer chiropractic adjustments to give you a straighter, less injury-prone spine. Our Impulse IQ adjusting instrument allows for pinpoint accuracy in correcting your neck or back alignment.
- Accident rehabilitation – Corrective exercises and other rehabilitative therapies can help you recuperate from any accident that may have caused your herniated disc.
Let Us Deal With Your Disc Pain the Natural Way
Let Main Street Wellness & Chiropractic provide natural relief for your herniated disc symptoms. If you’re seeing us for the first time, our new client special will make you even happier that you chose our clinic. Call 603-882-5742 to set up an appointment today!