Upper back pain affects many adults in Nashua. At Main Street Wellness & Chiropractic in Nashua, we use many techniques to help patients recover from upper back pain. Our all natural techniques involve no invasive procedures and no addictive medications. Whether you’re suffering from a recent injury or a chronic condition, we can help you get the upper back pain relief you need to feel your best.
Causes of Upper Back Pain
There are many causes of upper back pain in Nashua. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include:
- Muscle strain and overuse. Muscle strain is one of the most common reasons that people suffer from upper back pain. Muscle strain can occur as the result of occupational injury, sports injury and for other reasons.
- Herniated disc. Herniated disc occurs when the disc between the vertebrae of the back becomes damaged in some way.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when the spinal cord is pressed upon by the vertebrae, causing pain and the misfiring of signals between the brain and the rest of the body.
- Fracture of the vertebrae. A spinal fracture is a type of injury that often occurs as the result of a high impact incident.
- Osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage between the vertebrae begins to break down.
- Text neck. Text neck is a condition that can happen when a patient spends time bending over mobile devices.
- Poor ergonomics. Poor ergonomics at home or the work place causes muscle strain leading to upper back pain.
Chiropractic Treatments for Upper Back Pain
As your chiropractor in Nashua, there are many different techniques we use to treat upper back pain! Common techniques include:
- Spinal adjustment. At Main Street Wellness, spinal adjustment is a technique we use to realign the vertebrae and relieve pressure on the spine. Spinal adjustment is one of the most common forms of chiropractic care. Our spinal adjustment techniques can relieve patient pain while improving range of motion and preventing further injury.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that helps loosen the muscles and improve circulation. Massage therapy can help reduce upper back pain caused by stress.
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises. Therapeutic stretches and exercises can help improve range of motion and improve patient strength. In addition to helping the body heal after an injury, stretches and exercises are often preventative, and can stop an injury from occurring in the future.
- Lifestyle advice. At Main Street Wellness, we offer lifestyle advice to help our patients avoid engaging in behaviors that can cause injury.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Nashua Today
As your chiropractor in Nashua, we can help you get the treatment you need to prevent further injury and help your body heal. Our all natural techniques are safe and gentle for all members of the family. To make an appointment, contact us today at 603-882-5742.